Are you passionate about supporting youth* in Grades 11 and 12 explore their career options and plan their next steps after high school? We’re looking for women and non-binary mentors* to match with youth for one-to-one mentoring.
Share your experience and provide guidance and support to help shape the personal and professional lives of young cis or trans women, or gender diverse youths in your community!
*This program is open to cis and trans women and non-binary and gender-diverse people who are systemically marginalized due to their gender identity and gender expression.
To volunteer as a mentor for the next school year
January – June: Join our waitlist and our team will contact you in July
July – October: Mentor registration and intake
October – November: Match Period
November - June: Program starts
- A minimum of 1 meet up with your match per month (min. 1 hour) from November to the following June
- Attend a minimum of 1 workshop/event hosted by YWCA program staff with your match
- Engage and communicate with your match in between meet ups
- Join the waitlist and our team will be in touch when the application form opens
- Attend an interview with our program staff and submit a criminal record check
- Attend an orientation session
- Provide two references
For more information, contact the High School Mentorship team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text us at (604) 209-6355.