Are you passionate about supporting youth in Grades 11 and 12 and their professional growth? We’re looking for women and non-binary mentors!
Share your experience and provide guidance and support to help shape the career of a young cis or trans woman, or gender diverse youth in your community.
- July – October: mentor Intake
- November - June: program starts
We are currently looking for mentors for the next program year. Please join the waitlist.
We match young cis and trans women, and gender-diverse youth in Grades 11 and 12 (mentees) with volunteer professionals (mentors) for a one-to-one mentoring relationship. Matches are based on career and education goals, hobbies and the level of support required. Mentees and mentors meet a minimum of once each month and attend a minimum of one workshop offered by the program staff during the program duration (November to June).
Our program welcomes members of the LGBTQIA2S+ and Disabled communities and primarily serves cis and trans women and people who are systemically marginalized due to their gender identity and gender expression.
- A minimum of 1 meet up with your match per month (min. 1 hour) from November to June
- Attend a minimum of 1 workshop/event hosted by YWCA program staff with your match
- Engage and communicate with your match in between meet ups
- Join the waitlist and complete a Criminal Record Check
- Attend an interview with our program staff
- Attend an orientation session
- Provide two references
For more information, contact the High School Mentorship team at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone our Program Coordinator at 604-219-5628.
We are currently looking for more mentors for our next cohort. Please join the waitlist.