Alesya Bogaevskaya, Ph.D., is an ACE-certified personal trainer and group fitness instructor, Can-Fit-Pro member and a Registered Yoga Teacher.
Alesya started her fitness career in Russia as an aerobics instructor and ballroom dance teacher while working in academia. Later, during her doctoral studies and research on population aging and public policy on employment at Virginia Tech University, Alesya realized how important it is to promote fitness and a healthy lifestyle for national wellbeing. She moved from the US to Canada, and from academia to the fitness world, and became an ACE-certified personal trainer and group fitness instructor, registered yoga teacher and Pilates instructor. Alesya incorporates her knowledge of social psychology, sociology, human kinetics and anatomy into her fitness training. She encourages her clients to establish realistic goals and action plans to achieve the greatest possible results on their journey to fitness and a healthy lifestyle.
- Functional fitness for sport and recreation
- Strength training and weight management/fat loss
- Body Composition Analysis (Muscle/Fat %, Basic Metabolic Rate)
- Sculpting and toning
- ACE Therapeutic Exercise Specialist: exercise programs to improve the health of adults with cardiovascular disease (hypertension, atherosclerosis), metabolic diseases (overweight, obesity, diabetes mellitus types 1 and 2), chronic musculoskeletal disorders: osteoarthritis, osteoporosis and osteopenia
- ACE Orthopaedic Exercise Specialist: post-orthopaedic rehabilitation of knee, shoulder, lower back.
- ACE Pre- and Post-Natal Exercise Specialist
- Hatha yoga, yoga for athletes, yoga for dancers
- Balance and flexibility training, Pilates and Barre
- Aquatic Workouts in the pool (post-injury rehabilitation, arthritis, pregnancy)
- ACE-certified personal trainer and group fitness instructor
- Can-Fit-Pro member
- Registered Yoga Teacher