Our new membership software is expected to go live on September 20th with new member portal and app to be released this fall. All group registered series programming will begin and be available to sign up after we're live. Multiple single/drop-in sessions for Aquatics and Pilates Group Reformer will be available at the start of September. Stay tuned!
YWCA Health + Fitness Centre is proud to present the summer group fitness workshop and class series, Ready, Set, Summer! The workshops are great for those new to exercise or wanting to focus and improve technique. Classes are your chance to try something new!
The booking process for this series is the same as regularly scheduled classes. Members can book online via MyClub or requests can also be made through email@example.com. Drop-ins will be accepted based on availability.
See the series schedules here!
The pool area will be closed for annual cleaning and maintenance from Monday, August 22nd - Monday, September 5th.
During this closure, we'll take the opportunity to complete a shower flooring refresh in the 1st floor men's and 1st floor women's showers at YWCA Health + Fitness Centre. Unfortunately, during these two weeks, there will be an inconvenience to our members as these areas will be under construction as the old tile is removed and new tile laid.
The men's showers will be closed, however, the locker area and washrooms will be open.
The women's 1st floor showers and washrooms will be closed. Women's 1st floor changing area, totes, and lockers will be accessible for those with mobility issues. Women's second floor locker area and showers will be open.
We would like to remind you that there are more showers and great workout spaces at YWCA Fitness + Racquet Club, just a few minutes' walk from H+F!
Check back here for more info closer to Monday, August 22nd. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience!
Steam room operations at FRC have been inconsistent, we are looking for solutions. Please feel free to try, it may or may not work as expected. Sorry about this, we’ll keep you updated.
In the meantime, please visit our steam room at YWCA Health + Fitness!
It's great to see your smiles again! Masks are optional. Please continue to respect people's personal space. Be kind, calm, and compassionate with yourself and to others.
As of April 8, 2022, by order of the PHO, proof of full vaccination is no longer required to access our facilities.
As of May 2nd, 2022:
Group Fitness Classes
- Booking for land group fitness classes will continue with a maximum of 30 participants per class in Studio 1 and 20 participants in Studio 2
- Drop-ins will be permitted if space is available
- You can book up to one week before any class by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or as a member you can register online via MyClub!
- No limit to the number of class bookings
Best Practices at Health + Fitness Centre/Fitness + Racquet Club
- Stay home when you are feeling unwell or if you should be isolating
- Wash hands frequently
- Return and sanitize equipment after use
- Respect personal space - 2m physical distancing is encouraged
- Consider other people’s situation - be kind, be calm
- Let us take care of conflicts. Things won’t always be perfect and conflicts can arise, the rule of thumb is to walk away from the situation and let us know through Member Services or email@example.com
We hope to see you soon!
For temporary changes e.g. substitute instructor or class for the day please check the specific date on the schedule. Changes will be posted as soon as possible. We recommend checking before your visit.