YWCA Accelerate is a free program that supports youth ages 15 - 30 to find meaningful work in administration and customer service. Participants are paid while attending training.
- Six weeks of paid skills training (participants are paid bi-weekly while attending the group workshops), followed by eight weeks of professional work experience
- Follow-up support for an additional 12 weeks
- Up to $400 bonus after program completion
- In-demand professional certifications (e.g. SuperHost, First Aid, Serving it Right, Employment Standards, OnTrack Computer Training and more)
- Access to additional YWCA services
- Youth ages 15 - 30
- Interested in creating a sustainable career in Customer Service or Administration
- Unemployed and able to participate in a full-time, 14-week program (i.e. not a full-time student)
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident or confirmed refugee status
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
Next start date: December 5, 2022
Applications will open in November.
After two and a half years of online program delivery, we are happy to introduce a new hybrid model, which will continue to provide participants with the flexibility of taking some of the workshops from home, but will add the much-needed face-to-face interactions between participants and facilitators.
For more information on the program schedule, please attend an information session or contact us.
Career Zone | 2nd Floor, 1256 Granville Street, Vancouver, BC
604 605 4666 | email@example.com