YWCA Afghan Women's Employment
YWCA Afghan Women's Employment (AWE) is an employment and training program that supports Afghan refugee women in exploring and securing careers or further education in Canada.
- Virtual and in-person services offered in first language (Dari and Pashto)
- Group-based employment workshops
- Customized, one-to-one career planning
- Build connections and confidence through mentorship opportunities
- English conversation circle sessions
- Loaner laptops for participants
- Financial assistance for transportation and child care as needed*
- Community referrals and access to other YWCA and WorkBC services
* Subject to funding and participant eligibility.
- Afghan refugee self-identified women
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Unemployed or underemployed and not a full-time student
PROGRAM STARTS IN MAY 2022 - Ongoing Intake
Interested in joining or learning more? Fill out the form below or contact us.