YWCA Aspire is a FREE employment program that assists newcomer refugee women in gaining valuable work experience with organizations in Metro Vancouver.
- Six weeks of group-based employment workshops
- Up to 12 weeks of PAID work placement
- Four weeks of follow up support
- Financial assistance for transit and child care support for eligible participants (during the training weeks)
- Workplace Conversation Circles as a peer support network
Participants must be:
- A newcomer refugee woman who is a Permanent Resident or Protected Person (Convention Refugee) in Canada
- Currently on Resettlement Assistance program or receiving Income Assistance OR a privately sponsored refugee
- Unemployed and not a full-time student
Program start date: January 13, 2020
Register for an information session or call us at 604 323 4233.
4th Floor - 535 Hornby Street, Vancouver
604 323 4233 | firstname.lastname@example.org