YWCA Aspire is a FREE employment program that assists newcomer refugee women in gaining valuable work experience with organizations in Metro Vancouver.
Please note: We continue to recruit program participants and run the program as scheduled, however, all our workshops and information sessions have temporarily moved online. Our priority is to ensure the health and safety of our program participants and staff; we will resume our in-class workshops once it's safe to do so.
- Six weeks of group-based employment workshops
- Up to 12 weeks of PAID work placement
- Three weeks of follow up support
- Financial assistance for transit and child care support for eligible participants (during the training weeks)
- Workplace Conversation Circles as a peer support network
Participants must be:
- A self-identified newcomer refugee woman who is a Permanent Resident or Protected Person (Convention Refugee) in Canada
- Currently on Resettlement Assistance program or receiving Income Assistance OR a privately sponsored refugee
- Unemployed and not a full-time student
Next start dates:
- April 20, 2020
- July 20, 2020
- October 19, 2020
Register for an information session or call us at 604 323 4233.
4th Floor - 535 Hornby Street, Vancouver
604 323 4233 | email@example.com