YWCA Axis is a one-to-one employment program for immigrant women who have experienced domestic violence. This 12-week, trauma-informed program helps participants develop an employment or training plan to achieve sustainable employment or further education.
- One-to-one services from a professional, compassionate career advisor to develop a personalized education or employment action plan
- Virtual or in-person meetings in a flexible schedule
- One-to-one skills training to overcome impacts of violence/abuse, enhance resilience and strengthen confidence
- Short-Term Certificate Training (e.g., SuperHost, Non-Violent Communication, First Aid)
- Community referrals and access to other YWCA and WorkBC services
- Job development services and employer contacts
- Referrals to community-based Stopping the Violence counselling or up to 10 counselling sessions via WorkBC Centres across Metro Vancouver*
- Financial assistance for transit, food, work clothing, child care and complimentary visits to YWCA Health + Fitness Centre*
* Subject to funding and participant eligibility.
An immigrant or refugee woman who is a citizen, permanent resident or Protected Person (Convention Refugee)
Legally entitled to work in Canada
Unemployed or underemployed, and not a full-time student
email@example.com | 604 313 6527