YWCA Axis is a one-to-one employment program for self-identified immigrant women who have experienced violence. This 12-week, trauma-informed program helps participants develop an employment or training plan to achieve sustainable employment or further education.
- One-to-one services from a professional, compassionate career advisor to develop a personalized education or employment action plan
- Services offered in English, Punjabi, Hindi, Farsi, Dari, Mandarin, Cantonese, Filipino, and Ukrainian
- Virtual or in-person meetings on a flexible schedule
- Services provided across BC
- One-to-one skills training to overcome impacts of violence/abuse, enhance reliance and strengthen confidence
- Community referrals and access to other YWCA and WorkBC services
- Job development services and employer contacts
- Referrals to community-based Stopping the Violence counselling or up to 10 counselling sessions via WorkBC Centres across BC*
- Complimentary visits to the YWCA Health + Fitness Centre and wrap-around supports may also be available for eligible participants*
* Subject to funding and participant eligibility.
PARTICIPANTS MUST BE
An immigrant woman who is survivor of violence
A resident of BC
We accept participants on an ongoing basis.
If you have any accessibility needs, please contact us to discuss accommodation.
firstname.lastname@example.org | 604 313 6527
Mandarin and Cantonese | 604 209 8026
Punjabi and Hindi | 604 209 8698
Farsi and Dari | 604 209 9369
Filipino | 778 222 0310