YWCA Axis is a one-to-one employment program for immigrant women who have experienced domestic violence. This 12-week, trauma-informed program helps participants develop an employment or training plan to achieve sustainable employment or further education.
- One-to-one services from a professional, compassionate career advisor to develop a personalized education or employment action plan
- Services offered in English, Punjabi, Farsi or Mandarin
- Virtual or in-person meetings in a flexible schedule
- One-to-one skills training to overcome impacts of violence/abuse, enhance reliance and strengthen confidence
- Community referrals and access to other YWCA and WorkBC services
- Job development services and employer contacts
- Referrals to community-based Stopping the Violence counselling or up to 10 counselling sessions via WorkBC Centres across Metro Vancouver*
- Complimentary visits to the YWCA Health + Fitness Centre and wrap-around supports may also be available for eligible participants*
* Subject to funding and participant eligibility.