YWCA Career Paths for Skilled Immigrants
YWCA Career Paths for Skilled Immigrants is an employment program to help skilled immigrants achieve progress towards employment in regulated or non-regulated professions.
- One-to-one services, employment workshops, networking opportunities with professionals and regulators
- Work placement and post-employment support to help you progress within your career path
- Support services including child care, transit, and credential evaluation
- Applicants under Regulated Professions: Up to 22 months
- Applicants under Non-regulated Professions: Up to 12 months
- A Permanent Resident in Canada for no longer than 5 years
- Three years of pre-arrival experience in the field (one year if 19-30 years of age)
- Credentials where applicable in a regulated occupations
- Must be a resident of North Vancouver, West Vancouver and Coast (Squamish, Whistler, Pemberton, Sunshine Coast, Powell River, Bowen Island, Lions Bay)
- Unemployed or underemployed
- Assessed at a minimum CLB 5 or 6
Registrations are accepted on an ongoing basis.
Want to learn more about the program? Register for an info session here.