The Case Manager is responsible for working closely with job seekers to develop, support and meet their employment and career goals. This position works as part of a multi-agency team within the Vancouver South community to connect clients with progressive employment, training opportunities and holistic supports while representing the mission and values of the YWCA.
Responsibilities: Case Management
- Work as part of a multi-faceted, multi-agency team to deliver a comprehensive employment program designed to meet individual needs of clients
- Work with clients to achieve sustainable employment including addressing any client barriers and building on client strengths
- Keep abreast of labour market trends, employment issues, community resources, job training, and employment opportunities in both the English and Francophone Community
- Maintain an organized and current client caseload including managing follow up
- Assess client needs and develop an individualized action plan to meet goals
- Proficient and effective use of the Integrated Case Management system (ICM). Training provided for ICM and WorkBC model.
- Administer Client Needs Assessments and Disability-Related Employment Needs Assessments
- Connect Clients to employment programming and community resources
- Assist Clients to access services such as Short-Term Certificate Training, Essential Skills Training, Occupational Skills Training, Short Duration Training, Self-Employment Orientation, Self-Employment Short-Term Training, Wage Subsidies, Job Creation Programs, Job Search Supports, Job Supports, Disability Supports and any other applicable WorkBC funding they may be eligible for
- Support Clients in completing Skills Training packages to connect with education/training
- Report client progress, and milestones through the ICM
- Ensure file consistency and documentation
- Connect clients with internal workshop schedule
- Ensure safety plan and basic needs are in place and work with clients to refer to counselling, community resources, and any other appropriate referrals as appropriate
- Familiar with and able to work with clients using the latest technology (Zoom)
- Passion for helping job seekers achieve their goals through providing holistic supports
- Knowledge of community resources
- Case Management and/or employment counselling experience an asset
- Relevant post-secondary degree or diploma, or a combination of relevant education and experience
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Good communication, and case note writing skills
- Understanding and making realistic job matches
- Skills with all Microsoft applications (i.e. Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, MS-Teams)
- Able to show initiative, flexibility and demonstrate a positive attitude towards change and work
- A valid clear criminal record check (including working with vulnerable populations)
- CCDP Certification considered an asset
- Fluent in English, Ukrainian speaking skills will be an asset.
- Up to date with the latest job search, career exploration, and labour market practices
- Successful applicants are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; exemption requests must be supported by valid, legal documents.
What we offer: Competitive Wage plus strong benefit package
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an inclusive and rewarding workplace. Candidates are invited to send cover letters and resumes to:
Senior Operations Manager
No phone calls please.
Position will remain open until filled.
We are committed to ensuring that the application and interview processes are accessible to all applicants; if you require accommodations in submitting your application, or have other questions, please contact the hiring manager as listed. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, transferrable skills, lived experience, and business need. We thank all who apply, but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information about this and other YWCA Metro Vancouver career opportunities, please visit ywcavan.org.