YWCA Metro Vancouver is currently looking for casual on-call Early Childhood Educators and Early Childhood Educator Assistants to work in childcare centres operated by YWCA Metro Vancouver in the Vancouver area. The Early Childhood Educators and Early Childhood Educator Assistants will be responsible for providing child care under supervision in addition to the responsibilities listed below.
Wages: $18.78/hour for unqualified (ECEA/ Responsible Adults)
$20.09 + Wage Enhancement (if qualified) per hour for qualified ECE
*starting October 1st 2022 : $18.87/hour for unqualified (ECEA / Responsible Adults) / $20.09 +Wage Enhancement per hour ( if qualified) for qualified ECE
- Supervising, ensuring a safe environment for children indoors and outdoors including field trips
- Giving and receive information to other staff members, to/from parents;
- Greeting parents and children when they arrive;
- Getting to know the children and supporting them in their daily routines;
- Planning and implementing activities
- Fulfilling various shift duties.
- Ideally candidates will have an Early Childhood Education (ECE) certification, however related work experience and qualifications will be considered. Individuals will be team players interested in maintaining a positive and supportive learning environment. A criminal record check will be required and references will be contacted. Special Needs and Infant/Toddler Certification would be considered an asset.
- A valid clear criminal record check (including working with vulnerable populations) is required.
- Successful applicants are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, exemption requests must be supported by valid, legal documents.
Help us make a difference
Established in 1897, YWCA’s vision is to achieve women’s equality and its mission is to touch lives and build better futures for women and their families through advocacy and integrated services that foster economic independence, wellness and equal opportunities. YWCA serves over 48,000 clients annually, with 66 programs and services in 75 locations.
YWCA Metro Vancouver operates on the ancestral and unceded territories of the Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), səl̓ílwətaʔɬ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) and xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam) Nations. YWCA Metro Vancouver also acknowledges the unceded territories of Semiahmoo and the Stó:lō peoples, including the Qayqayt, Kwantlen, Katzie and Kwikwetlem Nations, as well as the treaty lands of the Tsawwassen Nation.
YWCA Metro Vancouver is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and values its diverse workplace. Women, Black, Indigenous People, People of Colour, LGBTQ2S+ individuals, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an inclusive and rewarding workplace. Candidates are invited to send resumes to:
Manager, Child Care Operation
535 Hornby Street, Vancouver, BC, V6C 2E8
We thank all who apply, but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. YWCA Metro Vancouver is committed to ensuring that the application and interview processes are accessible to all applicants; if you require accommodations or have other questions, please contact the hiring manager as listed.