YWCA Elevate Skills is a FREE employment program that assists immigrant women in navigating the Canadian labour market and securing meaningful careers.
COVID-19 Update: All our workshops and info sessions have temporarily moved online. Our priority is to ensure the health and safety of our program participants and staff; we will resume our in-class workshops once it's safe to do so.
- Three weeks of part-time online workshops
- Essential skills portfolio building
- Essential skills training (if necessary)
- One-to-one career advising
- Career development workshops on the Canadian labour market and job search strategies
- Connect with employers through events and activities such as guest speakers, networking, informational interviewing and more
- 13 weeks of follow up support
- Immigrant women who are permanent residents in Canada
- Unemployed or employed
- Must have post-secondary education (complete or incomplete)
Program start date: September 14, 2020
YWCA Elevate Skills
WorkBC Port Coquitlam
Unit 206 - 2540 Shaughnessy St, Port Coquitlam
778 222 2352 | email@example.com
What our participants are saying:
The most outstanding thing I gained from this program is the support group I have built with fellow ladies going through similar situations. Another is the enormous knowledge acquired across essential areas in career development which has enabled me to review my career plans. Before the end of the program, I was called upon for two interviews after implementing the knowledge acquired.
- Tracy A., participant from Nigeria
The Essential Skills assessment made me aware of my skills and helped me get out of the shell thinking 'I don’t know anything'. It helped me show my capabilities in what an employer is looking for.
- Anitha D., participant from India
I recommend this program to all women who feel lost in this new country and want to succeed in their life.
- Anna S., participant from Korea
Elevate Skills is an awesome program. It helped me to meet people like me, who are strugglers. It helped me to elevate my educational and professional skills. Now my vision is clearer.
- Shalini S., participant from India