YWCA Employment Navigator services help single mothers access resources and education during the pre-employment and employment stages, empowering them with the tools and skills necessary to overcome barriers and achieve financial independence for their families.
- One-to-one, personalized support and needs assessment
- Workshops on employment, funding opportunities and more
- Participants receive detailed information about bursaries, scholarships and government funding opportunities
- Referrals to employment programs and other services
- Together with the Employment Navigator, participants develop a roadmap and action plan to achieve economic independence
Connect with Jen or fill out our registration form below to gain insight into funding opportunities for post secondary education and discuss your employment needs.
Jennifer Zakaib, Employment Navigator | firstname.lastname@example.org | 604 312 0483
If you want to find work or go back to school but are not yet ready, the Employment Navigator program is here to support you. You can take advantage of flexible appointments in a safe, non-judgmental environment where you can explore and grow to take the next step on your journey to employment. Along the way, we provide:
- One-to-one support
- Referrals to community resources, including Counselling, legal, food supports and emotional support
- Connection to other YWCA services such as Single Mothers Support Groups
- Assistance with completing forms such as housing, Income Assistance and the Affordable Child Care Benefit
- Assistance with identifying your strengths
- A monthly group-based, supportive, single mothers community (Sister Circle Café) for workshops on topics such as Self Esteem, Self Care and Creating Healthy Boundaries
Flexible schedule - appointments can be during the day, evenings or weekends.
To get support, contact Mabel or fill out our registration form.
Mabel Taunu, Pre-Employment Case Manager/Life Skills Facilitator - email@example.com | 778 554 6704
If you have any accessibility needs, please contact us to discuss accommodation.
Single mothers who live in Metro Vancouver or the Fraser Valley and have a desire to achieve employment.
For general program information and inquiries, contact Christine Jang, Program Manager | firstname.lastname@example.org | 604 866 5775