YWCA FOCUS@Work is a free, highly-participatory employment program that helps women* assess their skills and strengths, set career goals, build connections and develop job search skills to find meaningful, sustainable employment.
Online Workshops and Assignments (weeks 1 – 2):
Must be available Monday to Friday to attend online workshops from 10:00am to 2:30pm
Mix of online small group coaching and online group workshops
Full two-week schedule provided on program start date
Assessments (career, personality, skills, interests and values)
Personal development (self-esteem and self-assertion, effective communication, conflict resolution and coping with change and stress)
Job search skills (resumé, cover letter, portfolio, personal branding, interviews, networking, hidden job market access and current labour market information)
Coaching and Job Search Support:
One-to-one coaching sessions, job search support in a group setting and online for up to one year.
- Daily guidance, support and encouragement
- Weekly goal setting and action planning
- Job leads and networking opportunities through online resources
- Resource library access up to one year from program start
- Computer and Internet access up to one year from program start
- Ongoing access to career development workshops through our Alumnae Experience Program
- Self-identifying women* who are actively looking for employment
- Able to commit to two weeks of online and in-person workshops
If you have any accessibility needs, please contact us to discuss accommodation.
* This program is open to non-binary or gender diverse people. We warmly welcome members of the BIPOC, 2SLGBTQIA+ and Disabled communities.
535 Hornby Street - 4th floor, Vancouver, BC
604 699 1788 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Office hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 4:30pm