YWCA Gear Up is a free 13-week program that equips youth ages 15 - 30 with the skills, certification and employer connections necessary to work as a bike mechanic.
- Five weeks of in-class skills development workshops, including Introduction to Bike Mechanics Certificate
- Six weeks of work experience with a local bike repair shop (honorarium provided)
- Two weeks of one-to-one job search support
- 15 to 30 years of age
- A Canadian Citizen, permanent resident or confirmed refugee status
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Able to participate in a 13-week program
COVID-19 Update: All bike mechanic workshops will take place in a bike shop provided by the Pedal Society with COVID-19 safety protocols. Our employment and skills development workshops have temporarily moved online.
Next start date: January 10, 2022. We accept referrals on an ongoing basis.
YWCA GEAR UP
Career Zone | 2nd Floor, 1256 Granville Street, Vancouver, BC
604 605 4666 Ext. 230 or 604 250 9342 | firstname.lastname@example.org