YWCA Gear Up is a FREE 10-week program that equips youth (16 - 30 years old) with the skills, certification and employer connections necessary to work as a bike mechanic.
COVID-19 Update: All bike mechanic workshops will take place in a bike shop provided by the Pedal Society taking the protective measures, however, our employment and skills development workshops have temporarily moved online following all recommendations and guidelines from WorkSafe BC. Our priority is to ensure the health and safety of our program participants and staff; we will resume our in-class workshops once it's safe to do so.
- Two weeks of in-class skills development workshops, including Level 1 Bike Mechanic Certificate
- Six weeks of work experience with a local bike repair shop (training allowance provided)
- Two weeks of one-to-one job search support
PARTICIPANTS MUST BE:
- 16 to 30 years of age
- A Canadian Citizen, permanent resident or confirmed refugee status
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Able to participate in a 10-week program
- October 5, 2020
YWCA GEAR UP
2nd Floor, 1256 Granville Street, Vancouver, BC
604 605 4666 Ext. 230 or 604 250 9342 | firstname.lastname@example.org
This program is supported by: