YWCA Off the Leash is a free program that prepares job seekers 16-29 for entry-level careers in the pet and animal care industry.
- 6 weeks of online and in-person skills training
$500 bonus upon program completion
Certifications: Pet First Aid, PIJAC Pet Care Training, Superhost, Emotional Intelligence and Mindfulness with Dogs and more
Access to WorkBC case management which includes further employment support and additional benefits such as free counselling
6 weeks work experience and job placements
Access to the YWCA Health + Fitness Centre
- Between 16-29 years of age
- Employment or education ready
- Unemployed or precariously employed and available to participate in a full-time 12-week program (i.e. not a full-time student)
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident or confirmed refugee status, legally entitled to work in Canada
Next Start Date: July 17, 2023. We accept referrals on an ongoing basis.
After two and a half years of online program delivery, we are happy to introduce a new hybrid model, which will continue to provide participants with the flexibility of taking some of the workshops from home, but will add the much-needed face-to-face interactions between participants and facilitators.
For more information on the program schedule, please attend an information session or contact us.
If you have any accessibility needs, please contact us to discuss accommodation.
YWCA Off the Leash
Career Zone | 2nd Floor, 1256 Granville Street, Vancouver, BC
604 605 4666 | email@example.com