Prism Employment Support Service
The PRISM Employment Support Service (ESS) is a strengths-based, trauma-informed employment support program for 2SLGBTQIA+ adults living in BC.
Participants receive up to 12 one-to-one coaching sessions with a career case manager, as well as employment workshops.
Prism ESS is a partnership program between QMUNITY and YWCA Metro Vancouver.
- One-to-one individualized support delivered by a trained trauma and resilience-informed career case manager
- In-person, online and hybrid delivery options are available
- Weekly group Employment Skill and Confidence-building Workshops such as Goal Setting, Personality Dimensions, Growth Mindset, Career Research, Resume and Cover Letters, Interview Skills and other relevant topics
- Community referrals and access to other WorkBC services
- Access to personal counseling sessions*
- Financial assistance for transit, occupational training, clothing and child care*
*Subject to funding and eligibility for WorkBC Employment Services
- Canadian Citizens, Protected Refugees or Permanent Residents living in BC who identifies as 2SLGBTQIA+
- 19+ years and up
- Willing to commit to 12 weeks of individualized one-to-one weekly sessions with their case manager, attend employment workshops and to independently work on accomplishing the weekly goals set out in their Action Plan
Information sessions are held on the first Wednesday of each month.
In-person: 5:00pm at QMUNITY (1170 Bute Street)
Accessibility: Currently QMUNITY’s main office space is located on the second level of the building. Applicants should be aware that there is a flight of 23 stairs to reach the office.