Prism Employment Support Service
The PRISM Employment Support Service (ESS) is a strengths-based, trauma-informed employment support program for 2SLGBTQIA+ people living in BC.
Prism ESS is a partnership program between YWCA Metro Vancouver and QMUNITY .
Participants receive one-to-one coaching sessions with an employment advisor, as well as employment workshops.
- One-to-one individualized support delivered by a trained trauma and resilience-informed career case manager
- In-person, online and hybrid delivery options are available
- Weekly group Employment Skill and Confidence-building Workshops such as goal setting, personality dimensions, growth mindset, career research, resume and cover letters, interview skills and other relevant topics
- Community referrals including:
- In-house QMUNITY programs and services
- External community resources
- WorkBC services
- Access to personal counselling sessions*
- Financial assistance for transit, occupational training, clothing and child care*
- Up to 4 months of Case Managed supports
*Subject to funding and eligibility for WorkBC Employment Services
- Canadian Citizens, Protected Refugees or Permanent Residents living in BC who identify as 2SLGBTQIA+
- Willing to commit to individualized, one-to-one weekly sessions with their case manager, attend employment workshops and independently work on accomplishing the weekly goals set out in their action plan
Start Date: Second Monday of each month.
1. Watch this short Info Session video for more information.
Now that you have watched the Info Session video and want to enroll, here are the next steps to apply:
2. Complete the Participation Agreement form at the link below
3. Send a copy of your Resume and Cover Letter (rough drafts are ok!) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once we’ve received your resume, cover letter, Participation Agreement, and confirmed your eligibility, we will reach out to you about the next steps!
Resume and Cover Letter Workshop
Third Wednesday of every month.
Unlock the secrets to crafting compelling resumes and cover letters in a workshop setting. Receive guidance from PRISM staff and volunteers from local recruiting agencies.
Time: 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm (PST)
Location: Virtual via Zoom
Mock Interview Skill 'n Chill
Fourth Wednesday of every month.
Elevate your interview and storytelling skills at this workshop. Collaborate with PRISM staff, volunteers from local recruiting agencies, and peers in honing your responses to common interview questions. Come back for multiple sessions if you need more support, or learn about how to sign up for 1:1 sessions.
Time: 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Location: Online via Zoom
If you have any accessibility needs, please contact us to discuss accommodation.
1170 Bute Street, Vancouver
604 684 5307 | email@example.com
Office hours: Monday to Friday | 9:00 am - 5:00 pm