Prism Employment Support Service
The PRISM Employment Support Service (ESS) is a strengths-based, trauma-informed employment support program for 2SLGBTQIA+ adults living in BC.
Participants receive up to 12 one-to-one coaching sessions with a career case manager, as well as employment workshops.
Prism ESS is a partnership program between QMUNITY and YWCA Metro Vancouver.
- One-to-one individualized support delivered by a trained trauma and resilience-informed career case manager
- In-person, online and hybrid delivery options are available
- Weekly group Employment Skill and Confidence-building Workshops such as Goal Setting, Personality Dimensions, Growth Mindset, Career Research, Resume and Cover Letters, Interview Skills and other relevant topics
- Community referrals and access to other WorkBC services
- Access to personal counseling sessions*
- Financial assistance for transit, occupational training, clothing and child care*
*Subject to funding and eligibility for WorkBC Employment Services
- Canadian Citizens, Protected Refugees or Permanent Residents living in BC who identifies as 2SLGBTQIA+
- Willing to commit to 12 weeks of individualized one-to-one weekly sessions with their case manager, attend employment workshops and to independently work on accomplishing the weekly goals set out in their Action Plan
Resume and Cover Letter Clinic
Third Wednesday of every month.
Learn about how to build a great resume or cover letter and get assistance in a workshop setting.
4:00-5:00pm: Resume and cover letter presentation by PRISM ESS staff.
5:00-6:00pm Assistance with your resume from PRISM ESS staff and volunteers; complimentary printing and protective folder to take home. Come back each month as needed for additional support or printing.
Mock Interview Skill n Chill
Fourth Wednesday of every month. Starting July 27, 2022.
Learn how to market yourself and become more confident at job interviews while connecting with your community!
4:00-5:15pm: Interview skills presentation by PRISM ESS staff
5:15-6:00pm: Work with PRISM staff, volunteers, and peers practicing common interview questions. Complimentary resume and cover letter printing and protective folder to take home. Come back for multiple sessions if you need more help!