We can help you find work that matches your goals, values and strengths.
Are you a woman looking for employment? Do you need structure and guidance in your job hunt? FOCUS@Work is a free job search program for you.
The YWCA FOCUS@Work program helps women assess their skills and strengths, set personal and work goals, and develop skills to obtain meaningful employment. FOCUS@Work is also a place to boost your confidence, build connections and network.
FOCUS@Work includes three weeks of workshops and nine or more weeks of full-time job search support.
"Something beautiful happens when women come together to be there for one another. Although all my peers came from different backgrounds, I had never felt more supported and encouraged in my life."
—Sindhu, FOCUS program graduate
- No fee to participate
- A confidence-building, supportive environment
- Networking opportunities
- Interview practice
- Employment coaching (one-to-one and in groups) until employed
- Financial assistance for transit and child care top-up based on eligibility
I was stressed after being unemployed for more than five months. FOCUS helped me to be relaxed, full of hope and power.
—Maryam, program graduate
- Full-time directed programming from Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 4:00pm
- Assessments (career, personality, skills, interests and values)
- Personal development (self-esteem and self-assertion, effective communication, conflict resolution and coping with change and stress)
- Job search skills (resumé, cover letter, portfolio, interviews, networking, hidden job market access and labour market information)
When I was lost in my job search (or life in general), FOCUS staff guided me, step by step, and opened my mind to a million of possibilities that I could not see before.
—Yurie, program graduate
Job search support includes:
- Daily guidance, support and encouragement
- Weekly goal setting and action planning
- Job leads and networking opportunities
- Ongoing resumé, cover letter and interview coaching
- Resource library
- Computer and Internet access