YWCA Strive is a holistic life skills and employment program to support youth ages 16-29 who are transitioning or have transitioned out of care.
- Free counselling
- Training allowance after completing 6 weeks of workshop
- Certifications: WHIMIS, Serving it Right, Superhost (all online) and will offer FoodSafe Level 1 and Emergency First Aid & CPR
- Personalized goal plans and access to youth workers for resource referral
- Access to WorkBC case management which includes additional employment support
- Optional 8 weeks of paid job placements
- Access to the YWCA Health + Fitness Centre
- 16-29 years of age
- Transitioning/transitioned out of care (foster or group home, youth agreement, AYA, TCO, etc.)
- Employment or education ready
- Legally entitled to work in Canada (you will need to provide your SIN number – a social worker, youth worker, or guardian may have this info if you do not. You can also find your SIN number on tax forms you have received or from a past employer)
- Working less than 20 hours per week
- Living in Greater Vancouver
Next start date: September 25, 2023. Registrations are accepted on an ongoing basis.
After two and a half years of online program delivery, we are happy to introduce a new hybrid model, which will continue to provide participants with the flexibility of taking some of the workshops from home, but will add the much-needed face-to-face interactions between participants and facilitators.
For more information on the program schedule, please attend an information session or contact us.
If you have any accessibility needs, please contact us to discuss accommodation.
Career Zone, 2nd Floor, 1256 Granville Street, Vancouver, BC
604 970 0139 | email@example.com