YWCA Tech Connect is a free 10-week program that supports newcomer* self-identifying women with experience in IT to secure rewarding careers in the tech industry.
*Must be permanent residents of Canada, living in BC
- Learn how to navigate the Canadian workplace culture and minimize the challenges faced by newcomers
- Employment-related workshops focused on the tech industry
- Four weeks of employment coaching
- Access to mentorship, tech networking events and guest speakers relevant to the tech industry
- Up to six months of follow up support
- Access to additional YWCA services
- Financial assistance for transit and child care based on eligibility
- Newcomer self-identifying women with background and experience in Information Technology (IT)
- A landed immigrant, permanent resident of Canada, or live-in caregiver (with open work permit), or protected person/convention refugee
- Unemployed or underemployed and able to participate in 4 weeks of daytime virtual workshops
- Legally eligible to work in Canada and living in BC
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in English - CLB Level 6 or higher
Participants must meet ALL the eligibility criteria above.
Program Start Date: May 15, 2023
Souhaitez-vous obtenir des services en français? Si oui, cliquez ici.
After two and a half years of online program delivery, we are happy to introduce a new hybrid model, which will continue to provide participants with the flexibility of taking some of the workshops from home, but will add the much-needed face-to-face interactions between participants and facilitators.
For more information on the program schedule, please attend an information session or contact us.
YWCA Tech Connect
535 Hornby Street - 4th floor, Vancouver, BC, V6C 2E8
email@example.com | 604 219 8525