YWCA Tech Connect is a free program that supports newcomer women with experience in IT to secure rewarding careers in the tech industry.
- A confidence-building, supportive environment
- Learn how to navigate the Canadian workplace culture and minimize the challenges faced by newcomers
- Two weeks of intake and needs assessment
- Three weeks of group-based online employment skills workshops, guest speaker presentations, and employment coaching
- Up to three months of follow up support
- Financial assistance for transit and childcare based on eligibility
Participants must be:
- Immigrant or refugee women with background and experience in Information Technology (IT), residing in BC
- Legally entitled to work in Canada: a permanent resident, a refugee with confirmed status, or a live-in caregiver (temporary foreign worker who holds or has received approval of an open work permit)
- Unemployed or underemployed and able to participate in the program
- Proficient in English - Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) Level 6 or higher
Do you work in BC's tech industry? Learn how you can support Tech Connect by becoming a mentor.
604 219 8525 | email@example.com