YWCA Tech Connect is a free 10-week program that supports newcomer* self-identifying women with experience in IT to secure rewarding careers in the tech industry.
*Must be permanent residents of Canada, living in BC
- Learn how to navigate the Canadian workplace culture and minimize the challenges faced by newcomers
- Employment-related workshops focused on the tech industry
- Four weeks of employment coaching
- Access to mentorship, tech networking events and guest speakers relevant to the tech industry
- Up to six months of follow up support
- Access to additional YWCA services
- Financial assistance for transit and child care based on eligibility
- Newcomer self-identifying women with background and experience in Information Technology (IT)
- A landed immigrant, permanent resident of Canada, or live-in caregiver (with open work permit), or protected person/convention refugee
- Unemployed or underemployed and able to participate in 4 weeks of daytime virtual workshops
- Legally eligible to work in Canada and living in BC
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in English - CLB Level 6 or higher
Participants must meet ALL the eligibility criteria above.
Our next cohort starts on November 22, 2021.
Interested in joining us? If you meet the criteria above, please fill out our registration form.
YWCA Tech Connect
200 - 720 E Hastings Street, Vancouver
email@example.com | 604 219 8525