YWCA Tech Connect is a FREE 10-week program that supports newcomer women with experience in IT to secure rewarding careers in the tech industry.
COVID-19 Update: All our workshops and info sessions have temporarily moved online. Our priority is to ensure the health and safety of our program participants and staff; we will resume our in-class workshops once it's safe to do so.
- No fee to participate
- A confidence-building, supportive environment
- Learn how to navigate the Canadian workplace culture and minimize the challenges faced by newcomers
- Three weeks of employment-related workshops focused on the innovative tech industry
- Five weeks of mentorship and employment coaching
- Access to tech networking events and guest speakers
- Up to six months of follow up support
- Access to additional YWCA services
- Financial assistance for transit and childcare based on eligibility
Participants must be:
- Immigrant or refugee women with background and experience in Information Technology (IT)
- Legally entitled to work in Canada: permanent residents, confirmed refugee status, or live-in caregivers
- Unemployed or underemployed and able to participate in the program
- Proficient in English (CLB level 6 or higher)
Program start dates:
- July 20, 2020
Do you work in BC's tech industry? Learn how you can support Tech Connect by becoming a mentor.
200 - 720 E Hastings Street, Vancouver
604 216 1670 | email@example.com