YWCA Tech Connect is a free 10-week program that supports newcomer* self-identifying women with experience in IT to secure rewarding careers in the tech industry.
*Must be permanent residents of Canada, living in BC
- Learn how to navigate the Canadian workplace culture and minimize the challenges faced by newcomers
- Employment-related workshops focused on the tech industry
- Four weeks of employment coaching
- Access to mentorship, tech networking events and guest speakers relevant to the tech industry
- Up to six months of follow up support
- Access to additional YWCA services
- Financial assistance for transit and child care based on eligibility
- Newcomer self-identifying women with background and experience in Information Technology (IT)
- A landed immigrant, permanent resident of Canada, or live-in caregiver (with open work permit), or protected person/convention refugee
- Unemployed or underemployed and able to participate in 4 weeks of daytime virtual workshops
- Legally eligible to work in Canada and living in BC
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in English - CLB Level 6 or higher
Participants must meet ALL the eligibility criteria above.
Program Start Date: July18, 2022
Souhaitez-vous obtenir des services en français? Si oui, cliquez ici.
YWCA Tech Connect
200 - 720 E Hastings Street, Vancouver
email@example.com | 604 219 8525