YWCA TechLink is a free program for internationally-trained professionals or Canadians who want to pursue careers in tech but have limited Canadian work experience. Participants will gain local experience to build their careers in tech, while providing IT support and technical assistance to community members who face challenges accessing online services during COVID-19.
Please note this employment program is not currently accepting applications.
- Industry-recognized certification
- Industry coaching on topics including: customer enablement, helpdesk applications, communication and teamwork skills, phone, email and texting for business
- Up to 20 weeks of work experience providing IT Helpdesk Specialist services
- Access to industry networking events
- Canadian work experience and references in a high-demand industry
- Job search coaching and support
- Financial supports available to eligible participants through WorkBC
- Permanent residents or Canadian citizens living in Metro Vancouver
- Receiving or eligible to receive EI
- Internationally-trained professionals in a relevant field or those with limited Canadian work experience
- Able to operate a PC, Word, Email and Excel programs and have a good working knowledge of one or more of the following: Windows, MacOS, Android and iOS
- Comfortable working with the public both on the phone and via video chat
- Goal-oriented, able to work independently and as part of a team
NOTE: All referrals must come through WorkBC. Participation in this employment program will require occasional meetings in North Vancouver
Looking for tech support?
TechLink support offers free, friendly tech support for the Metro Vancouver community. If you're struggling with tech or IT, our team of friendly Helpdesk Analysts can help.