This program is no longer accepting applications.
YWCA TechLink is a FREE 22-week program where participants will receive both training and work experience providing IT Helpdesk Specialist services. Not only will you be gaining local experience to build your career in tech, you’ll also be supporting vulnerable community members who are facing challenges accessing online services during COVID-19, by providing them with IT support and technical assistance.
Participants will receive:
- Industry-recognized certification
- Industry coaching on topics including: Customer Enablement, Helpdesk Applications, Communication Skills, Phone, Email & Text Communication for Business, Teamwork Fundamentals
- Up to 20 weeks of work experience as a Community Helpdesk Specialist
- Work-related coaching and mentoring from industry experts
- Access to industry networking events
- Canadian work experience and references in a high-demand industry
- Job search coaching and support
- Financial supports available to eligible participants through WorkBC
Participants must be:
- Permanent Residents or Canadian Citizens living in Metro Vancouver
- Receiving or eligible to receive EI OR persons receiving disability assistance
- Internationally-trained professionals in a relevant field or those with limited Canadian work experience
- Able to operate a PC, Word, Email and Excel programs and have a good working knowledge of one or more of the following: Windows, MacOS, Android and iOS
- Comfortable working with the public both on the phone and via video chat
- Goal-oriented, able to work in a team and independently and have a positive attitude
- January 18, 2021
All referrals must come through WorkBC. Participation in this employment program will require occasional meetings in North Vancouver.
Questions? Contact TechLink at firstname.lastname@example.org