Best free things to do in Vancouver this summer!
Summer in Vancouver is a special time; it’s the time of the year when many Vancouverites are out and about enjoying our beautiful weather and city!
And the best part? Many of our city's best activities just happen to be free! Here are just a few of our favourites:
Free summer music festivals are some of the best things to do in Vancouver this summer! Here’s a quick guide to our 2015 summer music festivals:
- A Vancouver festival dedicated entirely to jazz is in town: Vancouver International Jazz Festival (June 18 - July 1). Check out the link for information on where the free stages are going to be located on Downtown Jazz Weekend.
- 50 of Vancouver’s musical groups and artists will perform at this year’s Khatsahlano Music and Arts Festival (July 11).
Vancouver's free summer festivals will give you plenty of ways to experience the city; some of them give you an amazing line up of live music, food, street fairs and more!
- Canada Day Celebrations in Vancouver (July 1)
- Carnaval del sol - a Latin American fiesta experience in Vancouver (July 11 – 12)
- Caribbean Days Festival (July 25 – 26)
- Vancouver Pride Parade & Festival (August 2)
Vancouver Fireworks - Celebration of Lights Fireworks is 3 nights of the best fireworks displays you’ve ever seen! This Celebration of Lights is an international competition of fireworks, which takes place over three nights: July 25 (China), 29 (Brazil) and August 1 (Canada). Head to English Bay early for the festival and bring a picnic to enjoy at the beach before the fireworks.
Free Vancouver outdoor movies are shown every Tuesday night in July and August at Second Beach (July 7 – August 25). Pack a picnic and take a leisurely walk along the seawall towards Stanley Park, where the movies are played. Check the website for their schedule.
Stay cool and hydrated and have a wonderful summer!