YWCA Survive to Thrive is a FREE 12-week program that offers specialized employment and skills training services for survivors of violence and/or abuse.
- Group workshops and one-to-one support
- Job Development services and employer contacts
- Business Communication Essential Skills & Basic Customer Service training
- Membership to YWCA Health + Fitness Centre*
- Up to 10 Counselling Sessions via WorkBC Centres across Metro Vancouver*
- Support by trained violence/trauma-informed career advisors and facilitators
- Community referrals and access to other YWCA and WorkBC Services
- Financial assistance for transit, food cards, light refreshments, work clothing, and child care top-up costs*
* Subject to funding and participant eligibility.
- Creating a Safe Space: safe and supportive environment allowing the freedom to learn and try new things while enhancing or developing new skills to move forward towards sustainable employment or education for career opportunities.
- Closed Group Arrangement: feel more confident by being surrounded by peers and skilled staff that start and end together.
- Trauma/Violence-Informed Career Development: trained staff who understand the impact of violence and abuse on employability in order to assist participants to overcome the impacts and move from surviving to thriving.
- Building Trust: connect with a professional compassionate team to develop an education or employment action plan customized for your individual needs.
Program start date: September 9, 2019
This is not a drop-in program, registration is required.
To learn more and register, contact:
YWCA Survive to Thrive
528 Como Lake Avenue (Community Amenity Space)
Coquitlam, BC V3J 3M1
604 936 5694 and 778 877 1533 | email@example.com