Survive to Thrive
YWCA Survive to Thrive is a free 12-week program that offers specialized employment and skills training services for survivors of violence and/or abuse.
- Group workshops and one-to-one support in a safe and supportive environment
- Job development services and employer contacts
- Specialized Job Club for Survivors
- Support by trained violence/trauma-informed career advisors and facilitators
- Community referrals and access to other YWCA and WorkBC Services
- Referrals to community-based Stopping the Violence Counselling or up to 10 counselling sessions via WorkBC Centres when eligible*
- Financial supports such as transit, food cards, work clothing, child care and financial completion bonuses*
* Subject to funding and participant eligibility.
- Creating a Safe Space: learn and try new things while enhancing or developing skills to move towards sustainable employment or education
- Closed Group Arrangement: gain confidence alongside peers and skilled staff who start and end together
- Trauma/Violence-Informed Career Development: trained staff who understand the impact of violence and abuse on employability and assist participants to overcome the impacts and move from surviving to thriving
- Building Trust: connect with a professional compassionate team to develop an education or employment action plan customized for your individual needs
- Those who have experienced any form of violence and/or abuse, from any source, at any point in life
- Not actively participating in, and receiving financial supports from another provincially or federally funded labour market program
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident or protected person legally entitled to work in Canada
- Unemployed or precariously employed
- Willing to participate in a full-time program
Next start date: January 17, 2023.
We accept referrals on an ongoing basis.
After two and a half years of online program delivery, we are happy to introduce a new hybrid model, which will continue to provide participants with the flexibility of taking some of the workshops from home, but will add the much-needed face-to-face interactions between participants and facilitators.
For more information on the program schedule, please attend an information session or contact us.
YWCA Survive to Thrive
604 936 5694 and 778 877 1533 | firstname.lastname@example.org