Survive to Thrive
YWCA Survive to Thrive is a free 12-week program that offers specialized employment and skills training services for survivors of violence and/or abuse.
- Online group workshops and one-to-one support in a safe and supportive environment
- Strengthen and gain skills for job search and employment maintenance
- Job development services, career exploration and employer contacts
- Business Communication Essential Skills and Basic Customer Service training
- Support by trained violence/trauma-informed career advisors and facilitators
- Training to overcome impacts of violence/abuse, enhance resilience and strengthen confidence
- Community referrals and access to other YWCA and WorkBC services
- Referrals to community-based Stopping the Violence (STV) counselling or up to 10 counselling sessions via WorkBC Centres across Metro Vancouver*
- Financial assistance for transit, food, work clothing, child care and complimentary visits to YWCA Health + Fitness Centre*
* Subject to funding and participant eligibility.
- Creating a Safe Space: learn and try new things while enhancing or developing skills to move towards sustainable employment or education
- Closed Group Arrangement: gain confidence alongside peers and skilled staff who start and end together
- Trauma/Violence-Informed Career Development: trained staff who understand the impact of violence and abuse on employability and assist participants to overcome the impacts and move from surviving to thriving
- Building Trust: connect with a professional compassionate team to develop an education or employment action plan customized for your individual needs
Next start date: April 12th, 2021. We accept referrals on an ongoing basis.
YWCA Survive to Thrive
604 936 5694 and 778 877 1533 | email@example.com