Need for affordable housing
For a low-income single mother, finding safe, affordable housing is the first step towards creating a better life for her family. But that first step is often the hardest.
In Metro Vancouver:
- The fall 2017 vacancy rate for market housing was 0.9% for Metro Vancouver1
- The average rent for a two-bedroom apartment is $1,552 - $1,8742
- One in two households led by single mothers live in poverty3
We provide safe, affordable housing for women and their families. From transitional housing for women escaping abuse, to long-term housing for single moms and their children, our hotel and housing communities are safe places to call home.
But we cannot do it alone and the need for affordable housing for single moms and their families is critical. The wait lists for our housing communities are growing.
How you can help today:
- Help us reach our goal of raising $6.4 million to build the St Georges project, our newest housing community in North Vancouver for single moms and their families.
- Donate to our cause or volunteer your time, your skills or your voice
- Get involved in other ways, from sharing our cause to joining us on social media
1. Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation
2. Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation
3. SPARC BC, First Call, SFU and Single Mothers’ Alliance